Comparing Salesforce Metadata in an MSP Environment
You can view the changes that were made to Salesforce metadata for two backups.
Metadata comparisons can be done across organizations. You can compare the metadata that was backed up from the sandbox and compare it to the production data. Use this comparison when you want to deploy a tested app to the production environment.
Before You Begin
If you did not select the metadata to include in your Salesforce organization, then add it to the backup content. For more information, see Modifying a Salesforce Organization
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Apps >Cloud Apps. Then, in the Actions column for the Salesforce organization, click the action button , and then click Compare.
The Select Compare Type dialog box appears.
- Select Metadata compare.
The Backup Content page appears.
- Select the metadata to compare.
- In the content area, click metadata > unpackaged > selected metadata.
- Beside the data that you want to compare, select the check box.
- Click Compare.
The Compare options dialog box appears.
- In the Source date and Date to compare boxes, select the dates for the backups that you want to compare.
- From the Destination organization list, select the Salesforce organization where you want to restore the data to.
- Click Compare.
The Metadata compare summary page appears.
A row for each object lists the objects that were added, modified, and deleted.
- To get additional information about the object changes, in the column for Added, Modified or Deleted, click on the number.
The Added, Deleted or Modified record page appears with the detailed metadata changes.There is a row for each record change.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 9:43:52 PM