Seeding a Salesforce Sandbox in an MSP Environment
Salesforce provides a sandbox that you can use for testing and demo purposes.You can populate (seed) the sandbox with a Commvault backup from your production Salesforce data or another Salesforce sandbox.
Perform granular seeding by configuring rules that specify the object that you want to seed and the object records to use for the seeding. You can specify any of the following records:
- All records
- Records that are returned from a user-defined SQL query
- Records that have been backed up in the last N number of days
- The most recently backed up N records
Before You Begin
If you did not select the metadata to include in your Salesforce organization, then add it to the backup content. For more information, see Modifying a Salesforce Organization
- From the navigation page, expand Solutions > Apps > Cloud Apps. Then, in the Actions column for the Salesforce organization, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select Sandbox seeding.
The Sandbox seeding page appears.
- Create the seeding rules.
These are the rules the software uses to determine which objects are used for seeding the Salesforce sandbox.
- From the Object list, select the object that you want to seed.
- Click Pick/rule/enter query.
The Add rule dialog box appears.
- In the Selection criteria area, choose the records that the software adds in the sandbox.
- From the Restore dependent objects list, select the children to include.
- Optional. View the records. Click Preview.Then,after you see the records, in the Preview for dialog box, click Close.
- Click OK.
- Create rules for all the objects that you want seed the database with.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- In the Destination details area, provide the destination information.
- From the Destination server list, select the server that hosts the Salesforce destination instance.
- From the Destination instance list, select the Salesforce instance.
- Click Submit.
After the operation completes, the destination sandbox contains the records that meet the rules that you configured.
Last modified: 1/16/2019 9:38:13 PM