Performing Virtualize Me for Windows or UNIX Computers
You can perform the Virtualize Me operation on your Windows and UNIX client computers.
Before You Begin
- Create a Server Plan to protect your data. For instructions, see Creating a Server Plan.
- Create a Life Cycle Policy to perform Virtualize Me operations. For instructions, see Creating a Life Cycle Policy.
You can view the Life Cycle Policy in the Configuration area only if you created the virtualization plan.
- Go to Solutions > File Servers > Windows or UNIX.
- Click on the client computer name you want to virtualize, and click Virtualize Me.
- For the Backup Set name, select a backup set from the list.
- For the Virtualization target, select the name of the life cycle policy you created.
- For the VM display name, enter the name of the virtual machine that must appear after the Virtualize Me operation.
- For the Hostname, enter the host name of the client computer.
- For Network, select the network configuration.
- For Volumes, enter the volume that must be created on the destination VM.
You can remove volumes that are not required when you run the Virtualize Me operation. However, you cannot remove the system volume at any time.
- Optional: To clone or replicate the client computer, select the Clone Machine check box.
- Optional: To overwrite the existing virtual machine in the destination location, select the Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists check box.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 8/17/2018 6:35:02 PM