Attaching a Disk to an Existing VM for Azure
From Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager virtual machine backups, you can restore a virtual machine (VM) disk and attach it to an existing VM.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Virtualization > Hypervisors.
The Hypervisors page appears.
- Click the name of the hypervisor that hosts the virtual machines.
The hypervisor details page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- In the VM groups area, navigate to the VM group that contains the virtual machine, click the Actions icon, and select Restore.
- To restore from a specific copy of backup data, choose the copy from the Select source list in the upper-right corner of the page.
If you select No copy precedence(automatic selection), the restore operation searches for the requested data in the primary copy, and automatically selects a different copy if the data is not found in the primary copy.
- Select Attach Disk to Existing VM to restore the disk and attach it to an existing virtual machine.
The Restore page appears.
- Expand the tree on the left and select the objects to be restored on the right. Select an item or click on an entry in the Name column to browse the contents within. For hierarchical data such as files, folders, and disks, you can click an entry in the path listing above the right pane to return to a higher level of the hierarchy.
In the top right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
- Click Restore.
- In the Restore options dialog box, provide the requested information:
- Destination Hypervisor: To restore to a VM on a different hypervisor, select the hypervisor name from the Destination hypervisor list.
- Proxy: To use a different proxy, select the proxy from the Proxy list.
By default, the virtual machine disk is restored using the same proxy as the backup.
- Change disk name to: Type the new name for the disk.
If you do not enter a new disk name, a unique disk name is created automatically including a time stamp.
- Destination VM: Click Browse to select the VM to which the disk should be attached.
- Storage Account: Select the storage account for the restored disk.
- Click Submit to run the restore job.
Last modified: 9/25/2018 4:24:08 PM