Schedule Policy and Schedule Policy Types
When multiple clients or tasks need similar operations scheduled, you can use a schedule policy as a template and associate the schedule to multiple entities in your environment.
Schedule Policy Types
There are several different types of schedule policies that you can create, depending on the type of task that you want to schedule.
The following list contains the types of schedule policies that are available in Admin Console:
- Data protection, for scheduling backup and archiving operations for agents in your environment.
- Auxiliary copy, for scheduling secondary or additional copy operations for data from a primary copy in a storage policy.
- Backup copy, for scheduling snapshots of a storage array based on the settings in a storage policy.
- Offline content indexing, for scheduling content indexing operations based on the settings in a storage policy.
- Content indexing, for scheduling content indexing operations in an environment.
- Data verification, for scheduling data verification operations for deduplication engines.
System-Created Schedule Policies
Some schedule policies are created automatically by the software. For example, when you install the CommServe software, a schedule named DR Backup Full is added automatically to protect the CommServe database.
Last modified: 10/16/2018 10:00:17 PM