Restores - Restoring Message Mined Using the Exchange Offline Mining Tool
Note: Live Browse replaces the Exchange Offline Mining Tool. For more information, see Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database.
Opening the Exchange Offline Mining Tool
- Log on to client computer where the Exchange Offline Mining Tool is installed.
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > software_location.
- Click Exchange Database Mining Tool.
Restoring a Message
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have access to the Configuration File provided by your administrator.
- Open the Exchange Database Mining Tool.
- On the Exchange menu, click Open.
The Import From Configuration File dialog box appears.
- Enter the file path and the file name of the Configuration File.
- Click OK.
- In the left pane, expand Databases > database, and then select a mailbox.
- In the right pane, right-click a message, and then click Restore As Msg.
The Browse For Restore Location dialog box appears.
- In the Restore Location box, enter file path of the restore location.
For example: C:\offline\restore_1.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the database and select Close Database.
In Windows Explorer, you can navigate to the restored .msg file and double-click it to see the contents of the message.
Last modified: 4/12/2018 2:12:11 PM