Getting Started with Amazon RDS Oracle
To get started, you need to configure the following clients in the CommCell Console:
- A MediaAgent
- A proxy server
- An Amazon RDS virtualization client
Step 1: Before You Begin
- This page assumes you have already installed CommServe software. If not, refer to the CommCell Quick Start Guide.
- Review possible deployment scenarios.
- To learn more about the requirements of the Virtual Server Agent for Amazon, see System Requirements
Step 2: Install the MediaAgent
You must install a MediaAgent. For more information, see MediaAgent Installations.
Step 3: Create a Proxy Client
- Create a UNIX client. For more information, see Creating a Proxy Client for Amazon RDS Protection.
- Install, and then configure the Oracle Agent software on the proxy client computer. For more information, see Configuring the Oracle Agent Software on the Amazon RDS Proxy Client.
- For enhanced performance, configure an Amazon EC2 instance on the proxy server. For more information, see Performing the Amazon Configuration for the Amazon RDS Proxy Server.
Step 4: Initial CommCell Console Configuration
Step 5: Configure the Amazon RDS Virtualization Client
- Create a virtualization client.
- Add the Oracle Agent software to the virtualization client. For more information, see Adding the Commvault Database Agent to the Amazon RDS Virtualization Client.
- Add an Oracle instance. For more information, see Creating an Amazon RDS for Oracle Instance.
- Create a logical subclient. For more information, see Creating an Amazon RDS for Oracle Logical Subclient.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 6: Run the First Backup Operation and Restore Operation
- Perform a backup operation. For more information, see Performing an Amazon RDS for Oracle Database Backup Operation.
- Perform a restore operation. For more information, see Amazon RDS for Oracle Restore Operations.
Last modified: 8/26/2019 11:45:13 AM