Configuring the Proxy Client to Use a Modified SPFile
You can configure the proxy client to use a modified version of the production SPFile when the proxy client has less memory than a production client and cannot support the amount of memory that the production database uses, or when the directory structure on the proxy client is different from the production client.
When you configure this option, the Commvault software can update the control_files parameter in the PFile with the correct control file location on the snapshot, and then issue the STARTUP MOUNT command so that Oracle will use the default instance PFile to start the instance.
Before You Begin
- The following settings are required on the proxy client:
- A PFile needs to exist in the default $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/ directory.
- The PFile MUST have all of the necessary instance parameters and must not have the SPFILE= parameter.
- A default SPFile must not exist in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/ directory.
- Use the following command to verify that you can start the proxy instance in NOMOUNT mode with the modified SPFile.
- To the proxy client, add the additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 9/6/2018 8:26:56 PM