Configuring an Oracle Subclient for Cross-Platform Restore Operations
You can configure an Oracle subclient so that you can perform Oracle cross-platform restore operations.
If you have a snappable volume, then select the snap engine (Subclient Properties dialog box, IntelliSnap Operations tab, Available snap engines list). For more information, see
If you have a non-snappable volume, then select Native as the snap engine (Subclient Properties dialog box, IntelliSnap Operations tab, Available snap engines list).
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- On the Content tab, Make the following selections:
- Check the Data check box.
- Select whether the backup operations:
- To perform online backup operations, select Online Database.
- To perform offline backup operations, select Offline Database.
- Select the Backup Control File and Backup SP File check boxes.
- On the Storage Device tab from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that the software uses for data backups.
- On the Logs Backup tab, if this subclient is online, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, make the following selections:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engine list, select the snap engine.
Note: If you have a non-snappable volume, the select Native.
- Select the Use RMAN Image Copy check box.
- In the Path box, type the fill path to the location where the software places the image copy file.
- Under Backup Copy Interface, select File System.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 10/15/2018 3:16:02 PM