Creating VM Clients Before Performing Backup Operations
You can discover virtual machines or instances for a subclient and create VM clients in the CommCell Console before you perform any backup operations. You can use this option for all hypervisors.
After you create VM clients, you can customize VM client properties before performing any operations. For example, you can perform the following tasks for VM clients:
- Specify VM ownership and permissions.
- Assign VMs to smart client computer groups.
Before You Begin
- Create a virtualization client for the hypervisor.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Virtual Server > instance, and then click the backup set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Create clients for discovered VMs.
Last modified: 11/2/2018 7:02:14 PM