Adding Region Based Storage Rules to a Plan
Region based storage is a type of plan configuration that defines storage rules based on the region associated to a server or laptop. Servers that are located within the boundaries of a particular region will use the storage configurations of the associated region based storage rule for the plan when backing up their data.
Note: The region in the rule must exactly match the region associated to the client in order for the client to use the region based storage rules. If there is no exact match, then the client will use the primary storage configured for the plan.
Before You Begin
- All of the clients associated to the plan must have a region associated to them. For information about how to edit or assign a region to a client, see Editing the Region Associated to a Client.
Use the following procedure to configure region based storage for the first time or add a region based storage rule to a plan.
- From the navigation pane, click Configuration > Plans.
- On the Plans page, click the name of the laptop or server plan that you want to use.
- On the plan name details page, in the Storage tile, do the following:
- If this is the first time you are adding region based storage rules to the plan, click Configure region based storage.
- If you are adding additional region based storage rules to the plan, click Add.
The Add rule dialog box appears.
- To configure the storage configurations (copies) of the backup data, do any of the following:
- To remove a copy, under the Actions column, click the icon , and then click Delete.
- To edit a copy, under the Actions column, click the icon , and then click Edit.
- To add a copy, in the upper-right corner of the dialog box, click Add.
Tip: You can add multiple copies to the region based storage rule.
When adding or editing a copy, do the following:
- In the Name box, enter or change the name for the copy.
- From the Storage pool list, select the storage pool to use.
- For Retention period, select a period of time to retain the data (or select Infinite), and then click Save.
- From the Region list, select the region to associate to the rule.
Tip: Use the search bar to search for the regions that you want to select.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 1/10/2019 3:48:06 PM