Adding Commvault VTL to Your CommCell
Before You Begin
- Create a tape library. Refer to Tape Libraries - Getting Started.
- Log on to CommCell Console.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Expert Storage Configuration.
The Expert Storage Configuration dialog box and the Select MediaAgents dialog box appear.
- From the Available MediaAgents list, select the VTL Server, and then click OK.
The list of configured storage resources will be shown.
- Right-click the library representing your VTL Library, and then click Properties.
The Library Properties dialog box appears.
- Check the Is Virtual Tape Library box, and select from the drop-down list Commvault IBM i VTL.
- Click OK.
Note When the CommCell environment has only one storage policy, the Commvault VTL can be automatically added to the CommServDR storage policy as a secondary copy. You must delete a secondary copy of the CommServDR storage policy if it is pointing to the Commvault VTL tape library.
Last modified: 3/1/2019 9:45:40 PM