Enabling ACL-Only Backup Support for Incremental and Differential Backups
You can optimize large file backups by adding an additional setting.
For large files with ACL-only changes, only the ACLs are backed up as part of incremental and differential backups. The data in the files is not backed up. This is applicable for files that exceed a size threshold. The default file size threshold is 1GB.
However, full backups are complete data backups.
- Supported on Indexing Version 2 clients.
- Not supported with on-demand backups, ad-hoc backups, and block-level backups.
- Hardlink backup is disabled for ACL-only backups.
- Not supported with optimized scan and GPFS scan.
- Not supported with the preserve atime switch.
- To the client computer, add the nACLOnlyBackup additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions about adding the additional setting from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 1/24/2019 10:49:49 AM