Performing IBM i File System Restores
Restore your backed up data to the original location on the same computer or to a new location on the same computer or a different computer.
Before You Begin
- You can perform a restore on the backup set details or job details page.
- Backup set details: From the navigation pane, click Administration > Servers > server > agent, in the Restore column for the backup set, click Restore.
- Job details: From the navigation pane, click Jobs > job ID, in the Job summary area, click Restore.
- Servers: From the navigation pane, click Servers. Then in the row for the server, click Restore.
The Restore page appears.
- Choose the content that you want to restore.
- To restore the contents of the entire backup set, select the check box next to Name.
- To restore the contents of a subclient, select the appropriate subclient. You can select multiple subclients at the same time.
- Click Select content.
The Backup content page appears.
- To restore particular files, expand the folder and then select the files.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination client list, choose the destination computer for the restore.
- Choose the restore location.
- To restore to the original backup location, select the Restore to original folder check box.
- To restore to a new location, clear the Restore to original folder check box and then in the Destination Path box, type the full path to the destination folder.
- To overwrite the existing data, select the Overwrite if it already exists check box.
- Click Submit.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 1/25/2019 6:11:53 AM