Archiving Configuration for NetApp
To perform archive operations, you must create a NAS client, an archive set, and a subclient.
Delayed archiving prevents data loss in the event that you must perform a disaster recovery (DR) restore. For more information about delayed archiving, see Delayed Archiving.
If your production environment is configured with antivirus software, see Recommended Antivirus Exclusions for Windows.
If you upgrade your file server from 7-mode to C-mode,
- Do not delete the 7-mode client or subclient.
- You can still recall stubs created using 7-mode after you make the following configurations on the file server.
- The new vserver that hosts the CIFS shares must be configured to use c-mode.
User Permissions for Archiving
The following user permissions are required to perform archiving:
- An administrator or a backup operator in the local group on the proxy computer
- A backup operator in Active Directory
- A backup operator in the filer security group
Last modified: 6/12/2019 10:21:14 AM