Backing Up the Index Server Cloud
You can perform a full back up of the Index Server Cloud. The data collection is backed up for each node in the cloud. Metadata for a collection is backed up from the leader node for that collection.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the Enable Backup activity and the Enable Restore activity are selected for the Index Server Cloud client. For information about enabling backup and restore operations, see Enabling or Disabling Backups and Restores.
- For the default subclient, set the number of data readers equal to or greater than the number of nodes in the Index Server Cloud. The data reader setting is in Subclient Properties > Advanced > Advanced Subclient Properties > Performance > Number of Data Readers.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computer Groups > Index Servers > Index_Server_Cloud_client > Big Data Apps > dynamicIndexInstance.
- Right-click the default subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Under Job Initiation, specify whether to run the backup operation immediately or to schedule it.
- Optional: To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/5/2019 2:00:36 PM