Adding an Instance for the Oracle Agentless Pseudo-client
Configure an Oracle agentless instance to support Oracle backup and recovery.
Before You Begin
The database server information should already be configured. For more information, see Adding a Database Server.
- Access the Command Center by using the URL that was displayed on the installation completion page, or that you received from your backup administrator.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Databases > DB Instances.
The Instances page appears.
- On the Instances tab, from the View list next to Instances, select Oracle.
The Instances page for Oracle appears.
- Find the desired server in the Server column and select it.
The server information page appears.
- In the Agents section of the Overview tab, click Oracle.
- Click Add instance.
The Add Oracle instance dialog box appears.
- In the Oracle SID box, type the Oracle database instance name for which backups and restores are to be run.
- Choose the desired Plan from the list.
- Choose the desired Proxies. The proxies must be Linux proxy clients with the Unix Filesystem agent installed and reachable from the Oracle database.
The jobs that are run using the Oracle agentless plugin are associated with the default subclient of the database instance. Client-side deduplication is automatically enabled for these jobs. This reduces network traffic.
Note: The functionality of viewing the properties of the default subclient is not available in the CommCell Console. Instead, use the Command Center.
The pseudo-client is configured with the specified information.
What to Do Next
Run RMAN jobs to back up and restore Oracle databases. For more information, see Running Jobs from the RMAN Prompt Using the Oracle Agentless Plugin.
Last modified: 10/31/2019 8:29:06 PM