Disabling User Mailboxes for the Exchange Mailbox Agent Hybrid
This procedure describes the steps for disabling user mailboxes that belong to an AD Group or mailbox database so that license usage can be reduced.
- Disabled mailboxes do not consume a license.
- Once the User Mailbox Group is disabled, you cannot run any archiving or cleanup jobs.
- You can run browse and restore operations on disabled mailboxes.
Before You Begin
Create the Exchange policies.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > User Mailbox.
- At the bottom portion of the right pane, select the Auto Discover Association tab.
- To discover the group, right-click a group and then select New Association > AD group.
The Create New Association window appears.
- On the Content tab, select Configure and then Click OK.
The Configure AD Group window appears.
- Select the AD Group Name check box and then click Discover.
A pop-up message appears confirming request. Click Yes.
- Select the AD Group from the list and then click OK.
The AD group appears in AD Group list.
- Right-click the group and then select Disable Archiving .
On the Auto Discover Association tab, the status of the mailboxes changes to Disabled.
Once disabled, you must remove the archiving policy from the group.
You can click on Enable archiving to add back mailboxes to the archiving job.
Last modified: 7/26/2019 5:35:14 PM