Known Issues for VM-Centric Operations with vCloud Director
VM-centric operations are available for streaming backups performed for the Virtual Server Agent with vCloud.
The following operations are not supported with Indexing Version 2 for the Virtual Server Agent:
- File and folder information is not collected during backups.
- Backups to tape are not supported with Indexing Version 2, because file details are not collected in backups and live browse operations are not supported from tape copies.
Note: As a workaround, use a disk library for one of the copies (primary or secondary) and perform a live browse from that copy.
- Specifying encryption settings using VM-level settings.
You can specify encryption settings through the storage policy.
- End users can use the Command Center to perform VM-centric operations. The Web Console does not support VM-centric operations.
- If a virtual machine is deleted from the vCenter, the VM client remains in the CommCell Console. To avoid errors for the deleted VM, delete the VM client manually and remove the corresponding VM from all subclients where it is included as content.
- If you restore files from a virtual machine that has a File System Agent installed, the Virtual Server Agent backup might not have the most recent backup data. To ensure that you are restoring from the most recent backup, initiate the restore from the job history for the virtual machine.
- Job-based browse from a VSA subclient will fail if the most recent job is a synthetic full backup job for the VM.
Last modified: 7/8/2019 3:36:18 PM