Installing the Sybase Agent on a Client Computer - UNIX and Linux
You can install the Sybase Agent using either the CommCell Console or the installation package created by the Download Manager.
Before You Begin
- Prepare your environment for the installation. For more information, see the following topics:
- Gather the information that you must provide during the installation. For more information, see Preinstallation Checklist for the Sybase Agent on UNIX.
- Choose one of the following installation methods:
Remote installation: You use the CommCell Console to install the software remotely on a client computer. For more information, see Installing Commvault Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
Note: If you have a third-party application (for example, Oracle) installed on your client computer, you can configure the CommCell Console to automatically detect the application and install the required Commvault software. For more information, see Installing Commvault By Enabling Automatic Detection of Applications Installed on Clients.
Local installation: You use the installation package to install the software locally on a client computer. For more information, see Installing Commvault Locally on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers Using the Installation Package.
- For other installation methods using the installation package, see Installations Using the Installation Package.
- For installations using the CommCell Console, install the Sybase package, which is under the Database category.
For installations using the installation package, install the Sybase package.
- If the File System Agent is not installed on the computer, the software automatically installs the File System Core and File System packages with the package that you select. The File System Agent will not consume a license.
- For more information on the package options and to gather the required information for the File System Agent, refer to "Gather Installation Data" in the Preinstallation Checklist for the UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh File System Agent.
What to Do Next
- Review the tasks that you must perform after the installation. For more information, see Postinstallation Tasks for Clients.
- To perform the required agent configurations, refer to the Getting Started page of each agent that you installed.
Last modified: 10/23/2019 7:15:30 PM