Backing up Deduplicated Data to Tape
Deprecated: The archive data for cold storage on tape using deduplication (Silo) feature is deprecated.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Features for comprehensive information on deprecated features.
When the silo copy is configured, back up the deduplicated data (called silos) to tape by scheduling a Silo Archive job.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies > storage policy.
- Right-click the appropriate deduplication-enabled storage policy copy that has a silo copy configured and then click All Tasks > Backup Deduplicated Data to Tape.
- In the Backup Options for Subclient dialog box, click Schedule and then click Configure.
- In the Schedule Details dialog box, enter the appropriate scheduling options, and click OK.
- Click OK.
The Silo Archive job runs according to the schedule and backs up the data from the media that are marked as full.
When the Silo Archive job is running, you can interrupt or stop the job, by using the Kill option in the Job Controller window. See Committing Silo Backup Job by Using the Kill Option for instructions.
After the Silo Archive job is complete, you can view the history of silo jobs:
- Right-click the appropriate silo copy, and then click View > Jobs.
- In the Job Filter for Storage Policy dialog box, clear the Specify Time Range check box, and then click OK.
The Job for Storage Policy window appears, which displays the history of silo archive jobs.
Last modified: 5/31/2019 4:06:01 PM