Backup the Search Index
You can backup the Search index on the client where the Search Engine is installed.
Before You Begin
- Stop all running content indexing jobs.
- Stop all Search Engine services.
- We recommend that the storage policy used in this procedure has retention of 0 days, 1 cycle.
- Only full backups are supported for this procedure.
- From the CommCell Browser, click to Client Computers and click the client where Search Engine is installed.
- Expand the Search Engine client.
- If the client is deconfigured (the icon is dimmed), right-click File System, point to All Tasks, and then click Reconfigure.
- Under the Search Engine client, click File System > defaultBackupSet.
- On the defaultBackupSet tab, right-click the default subclient and click Properties.
- On the Content tab, click Browse.
- Go to the index directory.
The default index directory is located in Commvault installation directory\CVCIEngine\solr\CIIndex
- In CI Index, select the index folder and the EXTStoreIndex folder, and then click Add.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- Select Backup Type as Full.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/15/2019 6:59:15 PM