Deleting Instances from the SQL Server Agent
You can delete a SQL instance from the CommCell Console. When you delete an instance, the associated data is logically deleted and you can no longer recover that data.
Before You Begin
- Verify that there are no running or scheduled jobs, because all the scheduled jobs and job histories pertaining to any of the levels within the deleted instance are deleted.
- If a backup is in progress, either wait for the backup to complete or kill the backup job using the Job Controller. You can then delete the instance.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click theinstancethat you want to delete, point to All Tasks, and then click Delete.
- In the Confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Enter Confirmation Text dialog box, type the requested phrase, and then click OK.
Last modified: 3/29/2018 7:00:04 PM