Getting Started with the Windows File System Agent
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the Windows File System Agent, and the supported features:
Step 2: Install the Windows File System Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Plan the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent
Review agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a Storage Device.
You must install the MediaAgent to configure a storage device.
- Create a Subclient.
- Decide whether you want the following additional functionality:
- You want to be notified of events that require attention. For more information, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- You want to report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations.
For more information about reports, see Reports Overview.
- You want to manage security.
For more information, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: Where to Go from Here
- To properly plan for rapid recovery of critical data and restoration of business functions in the event of a disaster, review Full System Recovery: Windows File System Agent.
- Configure Data Retention and Data Aging for your data. For more information, see Data Aging - Getting Started.
Last modified: 1/11/2018 4:47:32 PM