Configuring Windows Backup Users on an Individual Server
To perform a backup, add a user to the Backup Operators Group.
Before You Begin
The users who perform backups must either be an administrator or a backup operator. For a list of required permissions, see Permissions Required for the Windows File System Agent.
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Computer Management.
- On the Computer Management browser, expand Local User and Groups > Users.
- Right-click the user who will perform backups and click Properties.
- On the Member Of tab, click Add to add the Backup Operators group to the User.
- Click OK.
- Log off and log on to the computer as an Administrator for the policies to take effect.
Last modified: 1/11/2018 5:25:55 PM