Getting Started with Bare Metal Recovery Using 1-Touch for Windows
Review each of the topics to get started with 1-Touch Recovery.
Step 1: System Requirements and License Requirements
Refer to the following information to learn more about the capabilities and requirements of 1-Touch for Windows :
Step 2: Install the Windows File System Agent
To perform 1-Touch Recovery, you must install the Windows File System Agent on the client computer. During the installation, the File System and File System Core packages are selected.
Important: If you only install the File System Core package, you cannot perform system state backups that are essential to perform 1-Touch Recovery.
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Plan the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Windows File System Agent
Review agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Ports Required for 1-Touch Recovery
Use ports 9400 and 9401 to perform 1-touch Recovery because of the following reasons:
- To avoid conflict with existing client computers that use the same IP or DNS name in the CommCell environment
- When you have a firewall configured between the client computers.
Make sure that the ports are available before you start performing 1-Touch recovery.
Step 4: Review User Permissions
The user must have appropriate permissions to perform 1-Touch recovery. For more information on the required permissions, see User Security Permissions and Permitted Actions by Feature.
Step 5: Perform a System State Backup
Perform a system state backup of your 1-Touch client computer. For more information, see Configuring System State Backups for the Windows File System Agent.
Review the following considerations when you perform the system state backup:
- When you perform a backup of a Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 client, ensure that you enable the Administrator's account.
You cannot perform the 1-Touch recovery of a client computer if the administrator's account is not enabled while performing the backup.
- Do not filter system state components, files or directories that are required to turn on the computer.
- Do not attach more than 100 disks to the client computer. If the client computer has more than 100 disks attached, the 1-Touch system state backup fails with the following error:
VDS Wrapper list maximum count reached. No more space in the list.
Step 6:Configure Firewall
If you have firewall configured, see Configuring Firewall for 1-Touch Recovery.
Step 7: Perform 1-Touch Recovery
To properly plan for rapid recovery of critical data and restoration of system state data, review Recovery - 1-Touch for Windows.
Last modified: 10/21/2019 6:35:45 PM