Configuring Job Restartability for an Individual Job
- From the CommCell Browser, go to client > NDMP > defaultBackupSet.
- Right click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- On the Backup Options tab, click Advanced.
The Advanced Backup Options dialog box appears.
- On the Job Retry tab, set the following options:
- Select the Enable Total Running Time check box, and enter the maximum elapsed time before a job can be restarted or killed.
- Select Enable Number Of Retries, and then enter the number of retries.
- To kill the job after reaching the maximum elapsed time, select the Kill Running Jobs When Total Running Time Expires check box.
- Click OK.
Enable the Catalog Phase for NAS IntelliSnap Backup
By default, the skip catalog phase option is selected because it increases the performance of backup jobs. You can still mount or revert the snapshot after enabling this option.
If you want to disable the skip catalog phase (enable catalog phase for NAS IntelliSnap backups), then follow the steps below.
Note: The Skip Catalog Phase for Snap Backup option is available on a Schedule Policy only when NDMP agents are selected. For Dell EMC Isilon, cataloging is not supported.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client > NDMP > Backup Set.
- In the subclient tab, right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- Select a backup type, and then click Advanced.
- Clear the Skip Catalog Phase for Snap Backup check box.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to run the backup.
Last modified: 4/12/2019 6:57:41 PM