Creating a Subclient
Create a subclient as part of configuring network share backups for the NAS client.
Before You Begin
- When you add the Common Internet File System (CIFS) paths, use the same credentials for all subclients that you create on your CommCell Console. If you plan to use different credentials, the file server must have permission to those credentials.
- Make sure that the impersonate user credentials have read and write permissions on the CIFS share.
- If you are creating a subclient whose content is CIFS shares from non-default access zone, then the subclient content must be from the same access zone.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > NAS client > file system.
- Right-click defaultBackupSet, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name.
- On the Content tab, click Add Paths.
The Add Multiple Contents dialog box appears.
- To add NFS paths, type NFS paths that belong to the client, and then click OK.
- To add CIFS paths, type CIFS paths that belong to the client, and then click OK.
The Impersonate NT User dialog box appears.
- Enter credentials for a user who can access the path, and then click OK.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, choose a storage policy.
- If data access nodes are not defined at the agent level, on the Data Access Nodes tab, move access nodes from the Available Data Access Nodes box to the Selected Data Access Nodes box.
If data access nodes are defined at both the agent level and the subclient level, the nodes at the subclient level are used.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/26/2019 7:00:56 PM