Enabling the Oracle User Setting for UNIX Restores
When restoring an Oracle database on UNIX clients, if the Switch database mode for restore option is selected to put the database in the correct mode during the restore, the database may not restart after switching the database mode. Also, the restore operation may fail with the following error message.
RMAN Script execution failed with error [RMAN-04014: startup failed: ORA-27137: unable to allocate large pages to create a shared memory segment]. Please check the Logs for more details.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers.
- Right-click the client and then click Properties.
- On the Client Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- On the Additional Settings tab of the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, click Add.
- In the Additional Settings dialog box:
- In the Name box, type OracleUser.
- In the Category box, select OracleAgent.
- In the Type box, select String.
- In the Value box, type the Oracle user name.
- Click OK to close the Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.
- Restart the Commvault Services on the client.
Last modified: 12/12/2017 10:55:17 PM