Disabling the Oracle RAC Log Switch
You can disable the log switch. When you perform archive log backups, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
By default, the log switch is disabled for the ArchivLog subclient.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > RAC_client > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
- On the Content tab, clear the Data check box.
- On the Logs Backup tab, do the following:
- Select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- Select the Disable Log Switching check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 12/31/2019 5:13:53 PM