Full System Recovery: Oracle RAC
A full system recovery of individual Oracle physical nodes in an RAC setup involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to perform the following:
- Perform frequent Oracle RAC backups that include the control file and the latest file system.
- Make sure that the recovery catalog is available on a separate computer.
- Make sure to select Resync Catalog in Subclient Properties (Backup Arguments) tab of the default subclient. This is required for successfully performing a full system restore in the event of a destroyed or damaged client.
Note: The software automatically selects this if you run Oracle 10G or later.
- Use the file system agent to back up the following Oracle information
- The ORACLE HOME directory
- The cluster configuration
- The voting disk (OCR)
Recovering the Oracle RAC Databases
To recover the Oracle RAC database in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
- Rebuild the Operating System.
- Restore the Oracle RAC Database to the same or different client computer.
Last modified: 1/30/2019 3:23:29 PM