BR*Tools Example: Performing a SAP on Oracle Incremental Backup
Perform an incremental backup by using the BRBACKUP command with the RMAN_UTIL interface.
An incremental backup contains the changed data from the last full backup. Incremental backups use less media and resources than full backups.
For more information on incremental backups, see Incremental Backups.
Before You Begin
- Add the CvInstanceName and CvClientName parameters to one of the following files:
For UNIX configurations, the init<SID>.utl file is located under the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory.
For Windows configurations, the init<SID>.utl file is located under the $ORACLE_HOME\database directory.
- On Windows configurations, run the BRBACKUP command with the –r option.
- If you use the util_file (BACKINT) interface, modify the init<SID>.utl file. For details on the parameters, see Supported SAP for Oracle Util File Parameters.
- Optional: To have the CommCell Console authenticate the job, configure the parameters for CommCell Console third-party job authentication.
Note: If you use SAP Secure Store, replace the slash ("/") with a double slash ("//") in all examples.
- On the command line, type the following command.
brbackup -t online -d rman_util -m incr -u /
Last modified: 3/21/2019 8:48:42 PM