Creating a Subclient for Database Backup
Use the following steps to create a subclient for database backups:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System iDataAgent.
- Right-click the <BackupSet>, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Name box, type the subclient name.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
- In the Storage Policy box, select the storage policy.
- Click the Pre/Post Process tab.
- Click Browse to locate the data directory path and add the script for database backup.
The script should contain the dbbackup command. This command should include the data backup directory path to backup database files as a pre-scan process.
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Add Paths.
- Add the local path for data backups and click OK.
- Click OK to create a subclient for data backup. Perform FULL backups of this subclient at periodic intervals.
The Database backup script for UNIX and Windows based file systems will be as follows:
dbbackup -d -y -o <log output file> -c "<connect string>" <backup-directory>
-d : Performs database and user defined dbspace file backup. The transaction file will not be included.
-y : Creates the backup directory or replaces a previous backup file in the directory without confirmation. If you want to be prompted when an attempt is made to overwrite an existing file, do not specify -s or -y.
Last modified: 5/28/2018 12:29:11 PM