Configuring Sybase ASE Cluster for a Single Node
You need to specify the path of the Quorum device which is usually a raw device to backup Sybase ASE cluster for a single node.
For example, if Sybase instance name is asece1 and the raw device path is /dev/sdb1, then you need to specify the registry key as follows under Sybase Agent:
Before You Begin
- The Sybase backup server must be up all the time.
- Make sure that the Srvclass value is set to 7 in the sysservers table.
- Set the Srvnetname to $DEDICATED or the actual backup server name.
The back server name in the Instance properties must be the same as the Srvnetname in the sysservers table.
- To avoid backup failures for clusters that have multiple nodes with separate tempdb databases, exclude the tempdb databases from the subclient content.
- To the Sybase client, add the additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions on how to add additional settings from the CommCell Console, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
The quorum device path
Last modified: 5/28/2018 12:29:10 PM