Configuring the Proxy Server for ContentStore
The Proxy Server for ContentStore is configured on the Web Console client used for Outlook Add-In with ContentStore. Therefore, the method you must use to configure the Proxy Server for ContentStore will depend on whether you are using a new or existing Web Console to deploy Outlook Add-In with ContentStore.
Before You Begin
- The Proxy Service runs on Internet Information Services (IIS), which, by default, uses port 81 on the Web Console computer. Open port 81 on your firewalls to allow access to Outlook Add-In With ContentStore.
- If you install Proxy Server on a client that is in the perimeter network (DMZ), then you must configure access between the Proxy Server client and the Active Directory server in your environment.
- Secure the site in IIS for the Proxy Service using SSL/Certificates if you also secure your Web Console using SSL.
- Ensure you have installed Proxy Server for ContentStore on a Web Console computer that is in the same domain as the end-user mailboxes.
Scenario 1: Configuring Proxy Server for ContentStore on a New Web Console Installation
If you install a new Web Console for Outlook Add-In with ContentStore, then you will be prompted to configure Proxy Server during the Web Console installation process.
- Install the new Web Console according to your requirements. See Deployment - Web Console.
- When you install the Web Console, at the Configure Proxy Service prompt, select the Configure Proxy Service check box.
When the Configure Proxy Service check box is selected, Windows Authentication and Internet Information Services (IIS) are also enabled on the Web Console.
Note: If the computer you are using for the Web Console installation already has IIS enabled before you begin the installation, then Proxy Server for ContentStore will be configured on the Web Console automatically. In this case, you will not be prompted to install Proxy Server for ContentStore during the installation process.
Scenario 2: Configuring Proxy Server for ContentStore on an Existing Web Console
If you deploy Outlook Add-In with ContentStore on an existing Web Console in your environment, then you must configure the Proxy Server for ContentStore on the Web Console client from the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Console, go to Client Computers.
- Right-click the client where the Web Console is installed, and then click Tools > Create Proxy for ContentStore.
- When prompted, enter the credentials of a user who has permissions to perform push installs on the client from the CommCell Console.
A message appears that displays the results of the operation.
Last modified: 2/27/2019 4:17:48 PM