Setting Up a Remote Cache on a Client Computer
By default, when you install the Commvault software on client computers, the clients retrieve the software from the CommServe cache.
If you have a group of clients that reside in a remote location, the network traffic and download time might increase when the clients retrieve the software from the CommServe cache. You can minimize the network traffic by configuring a remote cache directory on one of the remote clients. The clients associated with the remote cache will retrieve the software from the remote cache.
You can set up more than one remote cache location.
Note: A new Windows client cannot be push installed using a remote software cache that is located on a UNIX machine.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Tools tab, click Add/Remove Software > Software Cache Configuration.
- In the Software Cache Configuration dialog box, click the Remote Software Cache tab, and then click Add.
The Configure Remote Software Cache dialog box appears.
- From the Computer list, select the client where you want to configure the remote cache directory.
- In the Please Specify Cache Directory box, the default location for the remote cache is provided. If you want to specify a different location, click Browse.
- To associate the clients and client groups with the remote cache, click Add/Remove Clients.
- In the Associate Clients/Client Groups to a Remote Software Cache dialog box, under the Available Clients/Client Groups list, select the clients, and then click Include > to add them to the SelectedClients/Client Groups list.
- Click OK.
The selected clients and client groups will retrieve the software from the remote cache.
- To save your remote cache configuration, click OK.
- In the Software Cache Configuration dialog box, click OK.
Last modified: 4/16/2019 8:30:06 PM