Changing the Index Server for the Exchange Mailbox Agent
If you need to replace the client that performs the role as the index server, you must perform the procedure in a specific order to transfer the current index to the new client.
- Create the new index server.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > Exchange Mailbox client.
- Right-click the agent, and then click Properties.
The Exchange Mailbox Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the new index server from the Index Server list.
- Click OK.
A message appears that tells you that the index will be reconstructed.
- Click Yes.
- To see when the reconstruction job is complete, on the index server, open the IndexServer.log that is located in the software_installation/ContentStore/Log Files folder.
When the reconstruction is complete, you will see the following strings in the log file:
IdxExchangeApp::SubmitCommitChunk() - CommitChunk
IdxLuceneApp::CommitJob() - Finished playing all log files, doing job end processing
IdxLuceneApp::CommitJob() - Job end processing done
If the reconstruction was successful, you should see messages that were archived before and after you changed the index server.
Last modified: 7/6/2018 2:38:27 PM