Getting Started with the Cassandra Agent
Step 1: Review the System Requirements
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the Cassandra Agent. For more information, see System Requirements
Step 2: Install the Cassandra Agent
You must install the Cassandra agent on all the Cassandra nodes.
- To prepare for the installation, review general guidelines, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation. For more information, see Prepare the Installation on UNIX
- Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment. For more information see, Installation Methods.
Step 3: Prepare the Cassandra or Scylla Environment
Configure the Cassandra configuration file (cassandra.yaml) or the Scylla configuration file (scylla.yaml) on all nodes:
- Set the rpc_address parameter on all nodes to a public IP address.
- Verify that ports 9042 and 7001 are listening on the rpc_address (and not on the 127.0.0.1).
- To perform incremental backups, enable incremental backups on all Cassandra or Scylla nodes. Set the incremental_backup parameter to true.
Step 4: Prepare the CommCell Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Best Practice: If you have a Cassandra configuration that has datacenters or nodes in different network locations, then you can configure the Commvault software to use the MediaAgent that is geographically closest to the datacenter or node. For more information, see Using a Geolocation Based MediaAgent for Cassandra Protection.
- Configure a storage device.
- Add a client for Cassandra. For information, see Adding a Client for Cassandra.
- Configure the Cassandra nodes. For more information, see Configuring Cassandra Nodes.
- If you plan to back up and restore the Cassandra commit log, then configure the commit log options. For more information, see Configuring the Cassandra Commit Log Options.
- Optional: Create subclients for each data center. For more information, see Creating Cassandra Subclients for Data Centers or Simple Strategy Keyspaces.
- Optional: If you have a scylladb or DataStax 6.0 or higher configuration, you must use the native sstableloader, and then configure the Commvault software to use it. For more information, see Configuring the Commvault Software to Use the Native DataStax sstableloader.
Step 5: Run the First Backup Operation and Restore Operation
Last modified: 8/21/2019 7:37:20 PM