Getting Started with Greenplum
Step 1: Review the System Requirements
Review the following to learn more about the requirements:
Step 2: Install the UNIX File System Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation.
Install the agent on the master and the segment hosts.
Install the File System Agent with the same group as the Greenplum admin user. This is typically "gpadmin".
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Plan the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh File System Agent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
Note: Use the File System option.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Prepare for your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Add a pseudo-client for the Greenplum database system.
- Plan your backup by considering the following configuration items.
Decide whether to schedule backups. Scheduling backups has the advantage of ensuring that the data is automatically backed up at regular intervals. Gather the following information prior to configuring schedules:
- The schedule name
- The schedule frequency
- The schedule start time and start date
- The schedule exceptions
Create schedules for the backups.
Decide whether to encrypt the data for transmission over non-secure networks or storage media. Gather the following information prior to configuring encryption:
- The encryption type
- The encryption level (client, instance, subclient)
Configure the encryption.
- Add a subclient for the Greenplum database system.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Last modified: 2/26/2018 3:10:53 PM