Generating a Restore Command Line Script from the CommCell Console
In order to run the restores from command line, you need an input xml file which contains the parameter values for configuring the restore options. This input xml file can be obtained by generating the script from the CommCell Console and saving it on the computer from where the restore will be performed.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers> virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Hyper-V > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient in the right pane, and then click Browse Backup Data.
- Click OK.
- In the right pane of the Browse window, select the data that you want to restore and click Recover All Selected.
- Select the required restore options which you want to execute using the script.
- Click Save as Script.
- Enter the location to save the script along with the file name and extension. For example, "C:\scripts\myscript.bat" on Windows and "/usr/scripts/myscript.sh" on Unix. Alternatively, you can also click Browse and navigate to the location.
The script will be saved as a .xml file and .bat/.sh file.
If a file with the same name already exists in the specified location, both the .xml and .bat/.sh files will be overwritten.
- Enter the username and password for the user account which you want to use to perform the restore.
By default, the user account which you have used to login to CommCell console is used for performing the restore. However, if the user account does not have access to application and database, click Use a different account.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 10:16:04 PM