A backup operation for Red Hat Virtualization includes the following stages:
- Discover virtual machines based on subclient content properties.
- For each virtual machine that is discovered, create a client computer entry in the CommCell Browser.
- Identify the virtual machines to be included in the backup and the VSA proxies that can be used to perform the backup.
- Assign backup streams to proxies.
- Create virtual machine snapshots.
- For each source VM:
- Mount disks on the proxy (hot-plug).
- Read extents from snapshots.
- Compute CRC values to identify changed data.
- Write data to backup media.
- After the backup completes, unmount the disks from the proxy (hot-unplug) and delete the virtual machine snapshot.
- Clean up the Job Results folder on the proxy and complete the backup job.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 5:04:41 PM