Configuring Permissions, Users, and Associated Entities in a User Group for the VSA with VMware
Perform these steps to configure a user group for vSphere administrators:
- In the CommCell Browser, go to Security > CommCell User Groups.
- Create a new user group or modify an existing one:
- To create a new group, right-click CommCell User Groups and select New User Group. On the General tab, enter the Name and Description.
- To modify an existing group, right-click a user group and select Properties.
- On the Members tab, select users from the Available Members list and click > to assign the users to the group.
The Available Members can include local users defined in the CommCell or Active Directory users. If Active Directory external users are associated with the group, they are listed in the format domain_name\user_name.
Users assigned to the user group inherit the permissions of the group.
- On the Associations tab, click Add.
- In the Entities section, expand the Client Computers Group listing and select any groups that should inherit the permissions of this user group.
- From the Role list, select a role that contains the required permissions.
- Click OK to save the associations.
- Click OK to save the group properties.
To perform these operations using the command line, see Creating a User Group Using the Command Line Interface or Editing a User Group Using the Command Line Interface.
Last modified: 5/6/2019 8:07:13 PM