Perform a Backup (VMware Plug-in)
You must perform at least one full backup or IntelliSnap backup of the selected virtual machine.
The following section provides step-by-step instructions for running your first full backup of a selected virtual machines immediately.
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Client Computers | <vCenter Client> | Virtual Server | VMware | <BackupSet>.
- Right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- Select Full as backup type and Immediate to run the job immediately.
- Click OK.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell Console.
- Once the job is complete, right-click the subclient and select Backup History to view details of the job.
- Click OK.
- You can view the following details about the job by right-clicking the job:
- Items that failed during the job
- Items that succeeded during the job
- Details of the job
- Events of the job
- Log files of the job
- Media associated with the job
The Virtual Machine Status tab of the Job Details dialog provides information about how virtual machines were processed. You can double-click an entry on that tab to view detailed information for a specific VM.
- Once the backup completes, a new client group is created for the VMware vCenter client. All the virtual machines backed up by that VMware vCenter client are added to the client group.
For more information about how to configure IntelliSnap backup, refer to Configuration - IntelliSnap for VMware.
Last modified: 3/14/2019 6:18:32 PM