Getting Started with the Hitachi Vantara Storage Array
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Agents
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for Hitachi Vantara storage array and supported agents:
Step 2: Configure your Environment
Run scripts and configure the array in the array console before configuring the array on Commvault:
- If you plan to use Hitachi Vantara with the CCI Engine, see Configuring Hitachi Vantara CCI Engine on the Array Console.
- If you plan to use Hitachi Vantara with HDvM, see Configuring Hitachi Vantara HDvM on the Array Console.
- If you plan to use Global-Active Devices, see Global-Active Devices for Hitachi Vantara Storage Arrays.
Step 3: Add and Configure the Storage Array in Commvault Software
- On Commvault software, add and configure the Hitachi Vantara storage array in IntelliSnap Array Management. See Setting Up the Hitachi Vantara Array Using Array Management.
- If you plan to use inline replication, see Inline Replication for the Hitachi Vantara Storage Array.
- To customize the array to your environment, including the configuration of Remote Snap MediaAgent, edit the Snap Configuration Properties of Hitachi Vantara.
Hitachi Vantara storage array is now ready to operate.
Step 4: Where to Go from Here
Choose one of the following agents to work in conjunction with the Hitachi Vantara storage array.
Last modified: 1/15/2019 6:45:53 PM