Configuring the Hitachi Vantara CCI Engine on the Array Software
Before adding a Hitachi Vantara storage array in Array Management, configure the array software.
For the VMware agent, the following applies:
- The Virtual Server Agent client computer can be a Windows physical server or a Windows virtual machine (VM), with Hitachi Vantara command devices exposed through physical Raw Device Mapping (RDM).
- For storage area network (SAN) mode, the Virtual Server Agent client computer must be a physical server.
- Verify that all Hitachi Vantara prerequisites are installed and configured on the Virtual Server Agent client computer.
- Expose Hitachi Vantara Command Devices to the Virtual Server Agent's proxy computer.
- Before changing any settings or mapping or unmapping a Command Device, shut down all Hitachi Open Remote Copy Manager (HORCM) instances that the Commvault software created.
- Configure enough destination ShadowImage volume (S-VOL) devices to meet your retention requirements. If you are using virtual storage machines (VSM), the ShadowImage devices must belong to the same VSM as the production volume (P-VOL).
- For each host that is connected to the storage array, complete the following steps to configure a Command Device:
- On the Command Device interface, select the User Authentication attribute.
- On the Command Device interface, clear the Command Device Security and Device Group Definition attributes.
- For Thin Image (TI) operations on the Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) and on the Hitachi Unified Storage Virtual Machine (HUS VM) series, do the following:
- Create TI pools. If you are using the micro code version 80-08-44 and above for the G1000 model, then any Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning (HDP) pool can be used to create TI snapshots.
- Unmap the virtual volumes (V-VOLs) that the TI snapshot backup will use.
- Create V-VOLs that match the exact block size of the P-VOL devices. For V-VOLs to be created automatically by the IntelliSnap feature, select the snapshot configuration property Create VVOLs for Thin Image in Array Management.
- For the Hitachi VSM storage array, use volumes that belong to the VSM resource group.
- For ShadowImage (SI) operations on the VSP series and on the HUS VM series, create S-VOL devices that match the exact block size of the P-VOL devices.
Do not map existing S-VOL devices unless you also select the Use preexisting clones property in the Snap Configuration tab.
Last modified: 1/14/2019 8:53:28 PM