Configuring the Hitachi Vantara Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault, add the Hitachi Vantara storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the client and proxy computers are configured to have access to the storage array.
If you are configuring the replication feature, then you must add and configure both local and remote Hitachi Vantara arrays.
If you are using the storage array model G1000, then, in the Name box below, you must prefix 3 to the array serial number.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Hitachi Vantara.
- In the Name box, enter the serial number of the array.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address or the host name of the Device Manager server.
Tip: The Control Host box does not apply to CCI-based engines, either for Available Array or for Associated Array. For those engines, enter NA.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the Modify permission and View permission for the Device Manager, and then click OK.
Note: If you are using a VSM, then these permissions are not applicable.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Controllers tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/4/2019 7:43:13 PM