Configuring OCUM 5.x
If you are going to use OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) 5.x, install OCUM and configure the resource pools that you are going to use.
Before You Begin
- Don't install OCUM on the CommServe server. Because the NetApp Management Console is a client software that contains several applications for storage system management, installing OCUM on the CommServe server negatively affects the server's performance.
- OCUM 5.x servers use services from the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to discover and to monitor storage systems. You must enable SNMP before the OCUM server can discover the storage systems, or if your storage systems are not SNMP enabled, then you need to add them manually.
- Use root or storage administrator privileges.
- Download and install OCUM 5.x and the NetApp Management Console from the NetApp Support website.
After you install the OCUM software, the OCUM server starts discovering, monitoring, collecting, and saving information about objects in its database.
- From the NetApp Management Console, add the resource pools that you want to use for the SnapVault or SnapMirror storage provisioning.
Last modified: 10/24/2018 10:59:59 PM