Enhancing Oracle Restore Performance
You can perform a restore operation faster when you set a maximum number of concurrent open datafiles for RMAN to read simultaneously. Use the following steps to enhance your restore operation:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks and then click Browse and Restore.
- Select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default Browse and Restore options. See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data you want to restore in the right pane and click Recover All Selected.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Options tab.
- Select the number of open files from Max Open Files list.
- Click the Copy Precedence tab and select the Restore from Copy Precedence checkbox.
- In the Copy Precedence box, type the copy precedence number for the backup copy.
- Click OK to start the restore.
Last modified: 2/28/2018 12:27:52 AM