Enhancing Oracle Restore Performance
You can perform a restore operation more quickly when you set a maximum number of concurrent open data files for RMAN to read simultaneously. Use the following steps to enhance the restore operation:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, then go to All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Select Latest Backup, and then click the View Content button.
- Optional: Use non-default browse and restore options. For more information, see Browse and Restore.
- Select the database, and then click the Recover All Selected button.
The Oracle Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Depending on the type of restore to be run, click Restore in place or Restore out of place, and then click Next.
The Oracle In Place Restore Options or Oracle Out of Place Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Options tab, select the number of open files from the Max Open Files list.
- On the Copy Precedence tab, select the Restore from Copy Precedence check box.
- In the Copy Precedence box, type the copy precedence number for the backup copy.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to start the restore.
Last modified: 1/2/2020 6:23:56 PM