Disabling Changed Block Tracking
By default, Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is used for backups using the Virtual Server Agent. For virtual machines where there is a known issue , you can turn off CBT to run backups using Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) instead.
To disable Changed Block Tracking for a subclient:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and select Properties.
- Click the Backup Options tab.
- On the Backup Options tab, clear the Use Changed Block Tracking option.
- When the Use Changed Block Tracking option is selected, CBT is enabled and used for backups where it was not already specified. The vsbkp log indicates that CBT is used.
- When the Use Changed Block Tracking option is cleared, CBT is not enabled, and CRC is used for backups. The vsbkp log indicates that CRC is used.
- Click OK.
This change is tracked in the Audit Trail Report.
Last modified: 2/6/2018 8:35:36 PM