Attaching Files in Outlook Using Edge Attachment Store
You can send file attachments as links in emails by using the Edge Attachment Store Outlook add-in. The add-in has the following advantages:
- You can send large files using email.
- The files are moved to an ObjectStore automatically and do not occupy space on the Exchange Server.
- Your administrator can configure the add-in to create links for files that are greater than a specific file size. Files that are lesser than the defined size are sent as normal attachments in the email.
Before You Begin
Make sure that the Edge Attachment Store Outlook add-in is installed on your computer. For setup information, contact your administrator.
- In Outlook, create a new message or reply or forward an existing email message.
- Attach the files that you want to send in the email message and click Send.
The email message is moved to the drafts folder and the attachments are uploaded to the ObjectStore automatically.
- Optional: To interrupt the upload delete the email message from the drafts folder.
When you interrupt the upload, files that are already uploaded to the ObjectStore are sent as links and the remaining files are sent as normal attachments with the email.
Note: If you close the email message during the upload process, the upload operation will still complete and the email is sent with links to the files.
The email is send with links to the file attachments in ObjectStore.
Last modified: 9/5/2018 7:17:03 PM